Saturday, June 21, 2008

Scorpion Under Black Light

My neighbor is out of town and before she left she asked to check up on her house now and then. Tonight I took a flashlight into her back yard to make sure everything was okay. I don't think she gets the place sprayed because it was an arachnid-fest back there....I ran into four scorpions and two black widows.

I remembered that I had a portable, battery-powered black light in my garage and that for some reason scorpions glow under black light...So here you go. (Shot with a 50mm f1.4 lens at 1/20th of a second at ISO800. Camera on tripod.)


2 comments:

Courtney said...

badass!!!

Bettina Hansen said...

geez. you take a request and make it into a project! you're making me feel like a slacker. but I love it!
and working with you tonight was fun.