Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Catching Up

Sorry if I've been slacking off, folks. My editors have me working a week or two ahead and they don't want me revealing our content until it's gone to print.

I haven't been posting any of my day-to-day stuff because I don't feel that it's really post-worthy, but here are a couple of the photos I shot on June 3rd for our June 12th cover and double truck. The concept for the cover was fully mine, and it was a real relief to have the cover turn out the way I had envisioned it.

It's really pretty stressful setting these shoots up; getting everyone involved on the same schedule and getting clearances for the locations. This was shot at the Mesa Golfland/Sunsplash Lazy River (cover) and water slide (double truck) at 8am before the park opened at 10am. They had to bring lifeguards in early so we could shoot.

I retouched the first two images myself...Something new to me that I need a lot more practice doing. The others were done by my art director.




I also had to go to each of these water parks for general shots for the magazine... I think I put 100 miles on my truck that day zipping around all over the Valley.

4 comments:

Bettina Hansen said...

Is it just me, or does her stomach look a little retouched? if it's just her, whatev. I think the layout and the shots look beautiful :)

edubux said...

Good job, nice girl. Nice to see you again. Edu

Ashley Lowery said...

Son of a drunken cowpunching hogtying hornswagling motherless goat!
Sex sells, eh :)
Looking really good Ryan.

ANDREA BLOOM said...

Geez ryan! How cliche can you get! Nah, awesome job man. Maybe next time you can use a guy about 6'1', 180 pounds with great teeth and a six pack! Then I'm on board.