Monday, July 28, 2008

Rockabilly Group: Voodoo Swing

At around sunset I went out to the desert near the San Tan mountains with a local Rockabilly group called Voodoo Swing. The bassist's son is a friend of mine and they needed some band photos so they can start a MySpace page...Apparently you can't get booked for gigs these days unless venues can check you out on MySpace.

Since Deanna asked...I shot this using two remote strobes on stands firing through white diffuser umbrellas. I had one midi strobe with a red gel inside the car, but it didn't fire with any sort of reliability so you can only catch it in a couple of frames. My camera was set to ISO100, shooting at 1/50 second at f/5.6. I'm not sure, but I think my main light was near full power or 1/2 power and my fill light was at 1/8-1/4 power.




3 comments:

Courtney said...

This branching out on your own thing is really working out for you...can you teach me? I need guidance.

deannadent said...

nice, Im happy you're doing so much freelance, these look good, can you explain how you shot them?

ANDREA BLOOM said...

Ah....another master of light. How many flashes is that?