Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Branching Out On My Own

Since I've been shooting more covers in the past months I became a member of a modeling database website called Model Mayhem (www.modelmayhem.com) where I've been going to find cover models for the College Times.

Since I'm currently on a modeling freeze at work I decided to do some collaborative shoots with local models on the side and do some trade-for-portfolio work that I hope will eventually turn into paid work once I've built up more of a name for myself.

Yesterday I met up with a local model in Mesa named Ad'ee who is working on a themed collection pertaining to social issues (i.e. drug addiction, anorexia/bulimia, etc.). We tackled "Domestic Violence" at this session. Her best friend, Amanda (wearing my suit) helped out... Ad'ee's a little smiley in a couple pictures, but I think it makes it look more sinister and sadistic...






1 comment:

Courtney said...

Good for you for branching out on your own. I think you really have a knack for shooting this studio stuff...you pretty much rock (and blow me out of the water when it comes to lighting). Block off your calendar for the week of Aug. 20th...I'm comin' to town and who knows when I'll be back!