Sunday, March 23, 2008

PotD: What a Day!!

Photos of the Day:

9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. ASU campus--> We're going to be running a story about young mothers that are also college students. The idea was to have a large group photo, but that predictably fell through...I could only get a couple of women with their kids together at one time.
It's obvious from these next photos that kids love me...


2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Tolleson--> Where there's smoke, there's fire...I chased down the first brush fire of the season today between shoots...This one took me to 109th Avenue and Baseline. The cops had the scene shut down so nobody could get too close. I did what I could.
Those are 30-foot flames you're looking at, people.
This helicopter was picking up water from a local pond. It was pretty cool to watch.



4:30 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. Phoenix--> A local dance instructor (the gal on the left) is teaching a Phoenix bartender a salsa dance for an upcoming charity dance competition among Valley bartenders dubbed Dancing with the Bars.
8:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Phoenix--> The Trunk Space hosted the 999 Eyes Freakshow. The guy at the bottom of this frame is sticking his tongue into a metal fan.
As the grand finale, one of the characters launched a ginormous fire ball into the air.

4 comments:

Bogumil said...

If you want you kan visit my photoblog www.bogumilbe.blogspot.com

Wish fra DK

deannadent said...

Hey Ryan, these all look awesome. I like the fire flames and the freak show . . . and yeah those kids look terrified . . . how fun :)

Courtney said...

The single mother shots with their kids are great! Nice expressions on the kids faces. And you know I hate you for getting that orange stuff in your photos...right?

me said...

Wow! I was in Tolleson yesterday too and saw that fire... didn't think to go to it, but that's probably because dinner was on the table at Mom's house. :-) When I finally get all my PDJ's up from the weekend, you'll see one of 'em is in Tolleson! Your shots are much cooler than mine tho!!

Sorry to hear the kids didn't like you much, but their shots made a funny story! I'm always a fan of kids and love capturing their true moods. :-)