Friday, March 14, 2008

PotD: Festival of the West

Yesterday I was on the hunt for some wild art. I went to Rawhide at Wild Horse Pass for the 2008 National Festival of the West. Everyone that is part of the event wears authentic clothes and gear from the Old West era. Here are my Photos of the (Yester) Day.



This guy was adorable. I found him sleeping in his Union Army tent and started snapping away. He woke up when I got a little too close...
So he wanted me to get a picture of him outside, where he told me all about the history of the Buffalo soldiers; African-American soldiers that fought the Native Americans when settlers were "taming" the West.

2 comments:

Bettina Hansen said...

the sleeping guy is gold! :) love it.

me said...

Ryan - I was lured in to blogger so that I can actually leave comments on yours! Thanks for the words of encouragement! I went out to rawhide earlier this year but only had my point and shoot... I still love that place for photography - they capture so much history while making tons of money. My favorite of this bunch is the napper... too bad he wasn't a heavier sleeper!