Saturday, February 23, 2008

PotD: Scottish Highland Games

Hello everybody. I'm back after a long, flu/pneumonia-induced absence. I had a couple of events to shoot today. Here are some shots from the Scottish Highland Games in Phoenix. 

The braener toss. It's basically a 24-pound river stone that contestants shot put.
This young buck is Scottish Highland dancing. This style of dance will be featured in "You Got Served III." Snap.
This is the cabor toss. The object is to run a few yards holding the cabor (Gaelic for "tree"), then you flip it upward. If the cabor does a complete rotation and falls away from the thrower then he gets a pat on the back.... That's probably not a true statement. I don't even know how these guys manage to pick one of these things up...

2 comments:

Bettina Hansen said...

These are incredible... I really love the first one. I wish I could have been there, it looks like so much fun!

Unknown said...

so is it true they dont were any UNDIES under there???