Thursday, November 6, 2008

Biodiesel Motorcycle

I've been shooting a number of interesting stories, but many of them are being held for upcoming issues, so I can't show them just yet.

This guy is an ASU professor who built a custom motorcycle that runs on biodiesel that he himself processes from used cooking oil... I was hoping to meet him at his home and get shots of him in his garage (for some reason I pictured him having a crazy laboratory-looking set up in a garage), but he told me he doesn't process the fuel at his home and that he preferred to meet at a Phoenix Starbucks... So I settled for the alley behind the coffee joint.

2 comments:

Silly Cracker said...

whats up photophreak! nice blog. you really are a good photographer . . . a better picture-taker than football player . . . but a player nonetheless

Brad Armstrong said...

So many people just don't get it. Being a photojournalist can be a very frustrating job. Not always, but in this case it is a collaboration. As you every well know without his cooperation your ability to make a good photograph is limited . I think you won this one. At least you didn't settle for Starbucks parking lot.