Sunday, May 11, 2008

PotD: Freelance!!

Since going full-time at the College Times in January I've been too busy to really pursue or take on any freelance gigs.

Two years ago when I was still at ASU's newspaper (the State Press) I had to take a picture of the India Plaza's owner for a story we were doing. He asked me then if I ever did any freelance work, so I gave him one of my business cards and haven't heard anything from him since....Until two days ago.

He is looking to open an indian food restaurant in the plaza and needed shots of some of his dishes for the menu.

Here are some of my Photo(s) of the Day:




Here was my setup for this shoot:
I set one strobe to shoot through a white umbrella on the right with the white side of a reflector on the left to bounce the light. Then I set my other strobe (set to 105mm) behind the table to back-light the dishes. 

2 comments:

deannadent said...

Dear lord Ryan . . . why was I NOT a part of this shoot????? The food looks good, and that is especially hard to do when it all kind of looks like mush . . . :)

The only thing I might have liked to see a little bit more back lighting or a different color gel to accentuate the curries crazy colors . . . but you totally kicked butt on this assignment . . . I know its 5 in the morning but I totally want some indian food right now!!!

Bettina Hansen said...

oh I am so there! let's all go eat there next week!