Wednesday, April 2, 2008

PotD: Geisha A Go Go

We are going to be profiling a number of restaurants around town that will be involved with the upcoming Scottsdale Culinary Festival. Today I went to Geisha A Go Go in Scottsdale.

The idea was to shoot the chef preparing a dish, and then one of the servers bringing it to the table. Unfortunately, one of the bartenders there cut himself pretty badly with a knife and the chef had to take him to the hospital.

My Photo(s) of the Day are of one of the tables at the restaurant. I took these as test frames while I was setting up to shoot the server setting a plate of food on the table.
This first frame was shot with available light from the ceiling and windows.
The restaurant has bright green curtains, one of their signature colors. So in this second frame I added a midi slave with a green gel off to the right, and had my strobe set on the table with a sync cord.

Tune in tomorrow for the finished product. I have to go back since the chef was at the hospital.

2 comments:

me said...

I love the natural lighting much better, but if I were the restaurant owner I'm sure I'd prefer the 2nd image. Beautiful work Ryan.

Courtney said...

Nice use of gels!